09 May 2006

make a list

Jobs I'd like to have:
- spy
- governess at a country mansion in Shropshire
- WW I nurse writing letters from dying soldiers to their lovers and mothers
- advice columnist

Things I either nail or fail miserably:
- parallel parking
- leaving phone messages
- pie crust
- giving hair cuts (ask Little Rat)

Words I can't come up:
- the lack of satisfaction that comes with being right is known as ________.
- _________ means that something (say, a book) was so good that you just want to expire right now, to leave life on this high note.
- When we expect the worst but hope for and imagine a miracle we are ____________.


Happiness money can buy:
- colorful mixing bowls
- a pound of bing cherries
- a box of envelopes
- lipstick


Dumb phrases I say to my students:
- Mouths closed, books open
- Being rude is never clever
- Would you like me to discuss this with your parents?
- Perhaps you'd like to rethink your position.

My ideal man is equal parts:
- George Clooney
- George Will
- George Straight
- George Foreman (ha!)

I cry when:
- Someone yells at me.
- I think of my parents getting old.
- the smell freshly cut grass hangs in the twilight air
- I'm really, really tired and am helpless and out of laughter.

3 comments:

JP Mavinga said...

I suspected spy...

Jeannie said...

i bought the colorful mixing bowls (as well as the monogrammed spatulas.) obtained happiness instantly. until JRH broke on of my mixing bowls. shattered happiness.

Anonymous said...

My ideal man will always be and only be George Strait. haha....