06 April 2006

soundtrack

Chances are, if we have spent even a little time together, I have a secret song for you.

Maybe it plays in my mind when we walk down the street in the late afternoon.

Or when I am alone in the car and hear your song on the radio, I can see you standing at
your kitchen sink eating an apple, sitting on your bed tying your shoe, clear as day.

Sometimes it's about the lyrics -- words I would say to you or want you to say to me.

Other times, I can hear you in the drumbeat that propells the moments forward.

There are other reasons and then also, for some, no rhyme or reason to it at all.

Maybe you know the secret song I have for you. If you ask, I will probably tell you.

In other news: I spilled a huge cup of coffee all over my desk this morning.

6 comments:

Jeannie said...

i have a soundtrack for everyone...

what kind of coffee?

jacob said...

my song for you:

since u been gone - kelly clarkson

ha!

im such a rebel.

Anonymous said...

shalom, shalom, go if you must leave to find your way...

Anonymous said...

Could you be more obvious???

-ain't no holler back girl

jacob said...

i aint as good as i once was, but i was good once, as i ever was.

my true song for you though is:

'touch the sky'
kanye west feat. lupe fiasco

"any pessimests' i aint talked to them, plus i aint had no phone in my apartment"

"before anybody wanted k-west's beats, me and my girl split the buffet at kfc"

Anonymous said...

I think that my song would go something like this: "Mira las colores de mi vida." Or maybe, "Una mesa para dos, por favor." I can still hear you singing your new language to me at that crazy pig place...