20 April 2006

DEAR advice columnist

Dear Advice Columnist,

I have a quandary. I think I'm falling in love, yet the daunting prospect of countless sacrifice and deep gains is too scary. I am fighting it with every fiber of my being.

Help me!
In a Tizzy, Oklahoma City


Dear Tizzy,

With her sterling and well-documented ability to convince herself to fall in love with the human equivalent of a rock (on more than one occasion, sadly) this Advice Columnist may not be the surest source of guidance for you.

Thankfully, one only has to go so far as a textbook to find an answer-- for the principle of Opportunity Cost is not only a profound economic truth, but also quite useful as a means of governing L'affairs de les couers, as well. How does what you stand to loose stack up against what you stand to gain? Take this answer, cross check it against the definition of "reciprocity" and apply Just War Theory and you should be able to determine whether you are fighting a losing battle.

All My Love,
ac

tencentanswers@gmail.com



1 comment:

jacob said...

your insight is sunshine!