27 April 2006

classroom confessions

When P makes fun of other teachers I can't help but laugh and I'm very bad at remembering to take attendence during Study Hall.

If you were my student and asked me to go to the nurse I would probably let you go, even if you'd already been once this week.

Sometimes I am sarcastic in the face of their genuine confusion and most of us are chewing gum, even though RULES are posted everywhere.

If I had a dollar for everytime someone says "We can't read your writing!" I'd be rich enough to retire young. Or hire someone to keep track of all the papers I lose.

I don't always follow through. I throw pop quizzes that the whole class fails in the trashcan on their way out the door. We get off track and end up talking about surfing, childhood nightmares, my imaginary boyfriend in New Jersey almost every day.

Instead of making B show up for lunch detention, I let him play double or nothing --guaranteeing that he either comes to class prepared tomorrow or next week I will pay for my few moments in the sun this afternoon, trapped in my office with an angry boy and his lunch.

I will make you hand over the note you've just stuffed in your book, but chances are, if it says more than Wassup? I am so bored? Friends 4 Eva! Write me back! I will probably hand it back it so you can find out if your four-day relationship is still going strong or if 5th period will mark yet another tradgedy in your narrow world--the very end of life as you know it.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Not sure how positively or negatively this might affect those connected to you-- One word spelled incorrectly, too.