10 February 2010

love poem

my love for my sister is fierce and irritable.

my love for my parents is the sympathetic nervous system.

my love for squirrel can't keep secrets.

my love for crazy a is an egg timer that always flips over as the last grains filter down.

my love for my grandmother wears gold shoes.

my love for my husband smells like limes and grapefruit.

my love for little rat keeps me awake at night and brings me tea in the morning.

my love for my brother is an inside joke, too smart for everyone else.

my love for charles rides the rails, surviving on biscuits and ham.

my love for my enemy picks fights just to make peace.

my love for my patients is also a paycheck.

my love for my neighbor hides under the bed.

my love for my bus driver is born of necessity.

my love for norman mourns the rain.

my love for myself is supposed to die.

No comments: