28 March 2006

your comments and suggestions are welcome

Sometimes when I go into gas stations or fast food joints and the floor is sticky with spilled coke & the people behind the counter look worn, tired, surly--I am overcome with the urge to roll up my sleeves, grab a mop & bucket, and scrub. Behind the front register, my apron would be clean, my smile genuine, as I hand you your change, the bag of food with your complete order. At the end of the shift, after all the coffee pots are rinsed out and the counters wiped down, I disappear, leaving an establishment resting on the the 4 pillars of order, cleanliness, good cheer, and customer satisfaction.

Somehow I need to harness this impulse toward temporary, part time work and turn it into a career that doesn't leave me smelling like french fry grease or gasoline and supplementing my paycheck with welfare...

3 comments:

Jeannie said...

let's do it! we are so much alike in so many ways...

Anonymous said...

conventions width platform thereon choose advocates fletcher trivial scramble harm othersturkey
lolikneri havaqatsu

norm said...

There is an expat Brit who writes a blog from Mexico city called Mexile/life in Mexico City, he wrote a few posts on how he put a book together using software from a company called:LULU. It might be something you'd want to look into, your stuff is pretty good. I just started reading your posts today, there is a lot there, I'll bookmark your blog and try to keep up. Norm Kwallek