22 March 2006

3rd Period

Vocab Quiz

S. grins when he hands in his paper.
I think I've figured out that poetic license thing you were talking about, he says.

Smile, puzzled nod, forget, until later when the red pen comes out.

7. When you dance with a value, you are trying to get close to the actual number.

Answer key says 'approximate' but S. gets full credit.

Science Teacher

He stands with his back to the class
scrawling equations on the blackboard
facing his students and the world
the only way he knows how.

Dijon

He is named after a variety of my least favorite condiment, which is a strike against him right there.

I try to be patient, kind, firm, consistent -- a model of teacherly goodness, a positive force in his chaotic universe.

Even so. If he stands up one more time and walks across the room while I am talking I will flip my lid.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You bring tears to my eyes. - Lexie

Anonymous said...

go on. flip it. flip it good.