29 March 2006

Better 1/2

In the past Laura, has convinced me to:
-work for the school newspaper
-take medicine for ADHD
-manage a campaign for state representative
-keep my mouth closed.

and I have talked her into:
-switching her major from communications
-reading The Glass Lake
-asking Alec Frazier (2nd baseman) to the senior dance
-keeping her mouth closed.

I have:
written politics papers, cover letters, emails to boys, for her.
taken her to buy Red Bull at 3:00 am the night before finals.
carried her pack when we were camping in the rain in New Hampshire and she was on crutches.

She has:
sketched me a picture of a tree on a hillside.
sent a vase full of the orangest gerber daisies.
come every time I've needed her.

Together we have:
-been rear-ened on the NJ turnpike 5 times
-crashed many, many parties
-shopped for dresses
-watched every episode of Friends.

At night, on the phone, we talk about our mothers, recipes, the Holy Spirit, boys/men.

I don't know how it sneaked up on me or when it took root; this love I wouldn't want to live without.

No comments: