28 June 2007

horse latitudes (thursday)

gimme gimme:
cinnabar
gibbous moon, waxing
orange bouganvilla
slant rain for the cracked earth
a minor constellation

if you love it, throw it overboard.
that's the only way to make it out alive

so says the seasoned sailor who strayed far from the charted sea

today's rhyme:
chinook wind
river bend
curved spine
strychnine
flying blind
lose my mind

I'm going a little crazy again, but that's okay.
It's what happens when you hit the doldrums.
When I find dry land again I'm going to bury my head in the sand.

background music, played at an extremely loud volume:
and i have no idea what's been going on lately and i just wish you would come over and explain things and i have no idea what's been going on lately and i just wish you would come over and explain things and i have no idea what's been going on

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing this.