06 October 2006

prizefighter

So how'd you meet again?

At Whole Foods. I was ordering a case of tampons, actually.

Really? And you just marched right up and asked him out.

Pretty much. He's new to the city. He's a boxer and he was training for a fight so we haven't been able to get together until now.

Does he have all his teeth?

Yeah. The first time I saw him, I thought "this is the most attractive man I've ever seen." He introduced himself in the frozen food aisle. I almost fainted.

Incredible.

And then the next time I went in and asked him if he'd like to have a beer and gave him my number. He called 4 hours later. And then called again and I was busy, so he called AGAIN a couple days later.

It sounds like in the eyes of this prizefighter, you're a prize worth fighting for. You're going out tonight?

Yes! I think he's scared of coming into the city, though. He wants to meet in Tenleytown. I mean c'mon...who goes on a first date in Tenleytown?

Well...

So I told him that I want him to meet me in Dupont Circle instead. So we'll see how it goes. He's new to the city so I guess I can show him around. I'm definately the one wearing the pants in this realationship.

You wear the pants, he'll wear the boxing gloves, I guess.

1 comment:

norm said...

My wife has been married to a boxer for 33 years, she only used it once. We passed a man beating his girlfriend. She made me go back.